Friday, August 20, 2010

Taking it all in then letting it all out..

Sometimes I feel like I'm standing on the precipice of greatness. The feeling reminds me a lot of some things I picked up from What The Bleep Do We Know?. In the book, there is a reference to the question "what is reality?" and one thing discussed is how we wake up every morning and just assume that when we get out of bed and stand on the floor, there will be a floor there and not the edge of some cliff. We know this because every day we wake up and reorient ourselves with our surroundings and the floor is there and solid (can be detected by all our senses). But what happens when you wake up your life? Is there going to be a floor to stand on? I think this is where I am. I've woken myself up but each step I take is nearly a blind one. Instead of using sight, touch, smell, etc to make my way, I have to rely on intuition and experience. I've already stumbled before and it wasn't pretty. I'm not trying to prevent that again but it's scary to not know when you might dive off into that cliff. All I can do is go confidently and hope my choices will lead me in the right direction.


One thing that I am taking on and finally moving forward with is my dream of hosting a festival. My friend, Matt planted the bug and since then I have sorta run with it. I'm beginning to realize how much work goes into it but also how much I enjoy the work that it is. It's a test run for me. A trial. If I love it and get out of it what I put in, then there's always room for more. It's scary to think that two people with out a whole lot of experience putting together something like this are going for it. The good news is I've already been talking to a lot of people about it and every one who I've talked to has been enthusiastic about helping or the idea in general. Oh and while you're here, check out the fancy facebook link on the left.

In short, I'm so ready to make my dreams a reality.

No comments: