Friday, October 17, 2008

it feels good to be healthy!

Exactly a week ago I received my letter from the Office of Medical Services that told me I was medically qualified to be in the Peace Corps. Phew, what a big weight lifted off of my shoulders. After being stuck with a million needles and visiting every doctor of every kind, I am glad to be through with it. It wasn't so bad since now that I know I'm still a healthy 22 year-old.

The wait now begins for my invitation.

It's been kind of a rough week for me. First our power went nuts last weekend. Casualties of the surges included my poor TV, our cable modem, our wireless router, and Arthur's computer. We almost lost the microwave but somehow it pushed through. We still don't have internet which stinks because I would've updated a lot sooner. I've also caught some sort of cold which doesn't help. My senior show is coming very quickly (try three weeks) and I need to be healthy to get through all the stress it is causing me. I hope to have every thing framed and done with before Halloween so that I won't have to worry about it and I can concentrate on other things like graduating. The rain that came today seems to be helping with the cold so maybe it was just a seasonal change thing and I can be back on my feet by next week. Hopefully more coming soon about my invitation!

No comments: