Wednesday, October 29, 2008

in sadness, there is also grace


Just a couple of short days ago, my Aunt Sara passed away from cancer. It breaks my heart to know that such a wonderful and loving person such as her has left this world but I am comforted by the fact that she is no longer in pain and has joined in that heavenly kingdom of God. In honor of her memory, I have decided to take donations at my show for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation (http://cms.komen.org/komen/index.htm) as well as give 25% of my sales from selling seven of my pieces at the show. I know that she would have done all in her power to be at my show and I am saddened that she is not able to be with us any longer. For all who knew her, she was an angel. So many times in the past few years she has fed me and taken care of me when I had a hard week and needed some family time. She was a really great aunt as well as a sister, a daughter, a mother, a grandmother, a wife, and a friend. She will be greatly missed by all that knew her. I make this post with a heavy heart but I hope that all who read it will be moved in such a way that they will remember those who have suffered and who have been lost to cancer. Give generously to those who are working hard to find a cure and live everyday as if tomorrow you may have no more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my mom and she was truely an all around amazing person. I miss her soo much already. She was and would be proud of your donations to breast cancer research Laura.

Much love,
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Sara was a beautiful and unique child of God and will be greatly missed by everyone whoes life she touched. I will miss her love, warmth, good humor, strength of character and wisdom. Her passing has left a hole in our family that can never be filled. Thanks for sharing the photo and your wonderful words.