Thursday, May 5, 2011

what a week can do...

The past week of my life has been a roller coaster ride and I'm glad that I have kept my plans flexible. Life threw a lot my way but probably the most tragic were the tornadoes. After watching bits and pieces of Tuscaloosa rain down over my house and a near miss here in Southside, I was blown away to see all the destruction that has occurred in the my wonderful home state. I'm sad that in my current situation I cannot help much. Once we are out of Birmingham, Matt and I plan to help my mom clean up in Guntersville for a few weeks. It'll give us some breathing time to do all the renovations for the bus as well. We did have to cancel our first trip to Wakarusa but I honestly think that it's for the best.

It was also sad to learn last week that my brother (who is also my roommate) lost his job at the J.Clyde where he had been working for nearly 3 years. It was also exciting to know that in two weeks he had found a new job in Atlanta and a new place to live with his girlfriend. This made things a little hectic for us at the house since we are having to move EVERYTHING out instead of leaving most of it for him. Because of this, I am not going to be able to paint the mural in Birmingham.

It's nice to see these seemingly awful events as blessings in disguise. Although I may not have the free time I thought I would while still in Birmingham, the busy schedule is making the time fly. May is always a crazy month and it helps me to keep a good attitude and take things one day at a time.

No comments: