Wednesday, February 18, 2009

it's nice to have you in birmingham

so it seems that life in birmingham is going fairly swimingly. I'm enjoying being able to kick back with friends and enjoy the "after college" life. It's the real world, but who's counting? So instead of working at Jackson's, I managed to get my foot in the door and J.Clyde's. Server extraordinaire at your service! My sleep schedule suffers for the late nights and my feet suffer from running around all the night but its worth it. The people are pretty fantastic and I don't mind a few drunks every once in a while. It's also nice to have a bed to come back to in birmingham every night. I definitely don't miss the couch-surfing days. The apartment still hasn't quite gotten together yet. We have a few boxes left to be unpacked and cable/internet hasn't been hooked up yet. Hopefully within a month everything will be set up and looking mighty fine so we can start entertaining.

I am still a little disappointed about the Peace Corps but I think that at least a year working on my own will do some good. I'm already learning alot about how I cope with managing money and the little surprises that life seems to spring on me (like getting my debit card number stolen, oh my!). The real world seems too surreal to actually be real yet. Its also a little too fun.

More updates when the internet gets set up!

No comments: