Friday, January 2, 2009

good news, bad news, and everything in between

first the bad news. let's just get it over with. I talked to my Peace Corps placement officer once again and it seems that all the positions have been filled through March. Kind of a downer.

now for the good news. They are still considering me for the Spring and Summer invitations. I got some good advice to build up my resume some more by volunteering and taking some Red Cross classes. This also gives me a little more time to spend with my family before I leave for two years. Maybe it will be a blessing in disguise. Another bit of good news is that I am all moved into my new place in Guntersville. It's cozy and I will post pictures once I get everything cleaned up. It's been a busy few weeks since graduation with the New Orleans trip, Christmas parties, and visiting with friends. I am happy to have at least heard some news than no news at all. Keep praying for me and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: