Tuesday, August 3, 2010

it's a job...it's an opportunity

I try so hard not to forget how blessed I truly am. Each day there are little reminders. Today my reminder was some leftovers a friend brought me from the restaurant she works at. It became lunch. Someone once told me "Accept food when you can. You never know where your next meal will come from." Wise words. A couchsurfer's words.

All my hard work in looking for a job has finally paid off. I have learned, though, that a job does not define who you are and it certainly does not define what I do. My job description is often pretty fluid. Lately, it's been mostly "artist". I am finally inspired and devoted to becoming what I have always believed I wanted to be when I grow up. Now as for what's making the money at the moment, I am so blessed to have joined a little pizzeria in Liberty Park as their newest server. It is nice to walk into a job and instantly feel like you are home. I am a little out of my element but I am excited to accept the new challenges that come with it.

My friends have helped me out tremendously during the past few months and I am slowly working towards showing them my appreciation. I may never be able to do what they have done for me but I will at least try to give back some of what has been given to me. Some of it may be paid forward, some of it may be small, and some of it may be all. I am excited about this coming month as I slowly began my ascension again and hope there will be others to join me in this great journey I call life. It is always much more amazing to share the road with those you love than to try and go it alone. I have dreams, I have goals, and I want for all my friends better than what they may have now. If you know me at all, I am not talking in the material sense. I am trying on a day to day basis to help all those around me enjoy and love their life as much as I do. This is why, no matter what the occasion, I always tell people to "have fun." It's a mantra. It's a philosophy.

No comments: